PureGear Mobile Lifestyle Series: Tiffany Haddish, Actor and Comedienne
In our Mobile Lifestyle Series, we talk with extraordinary personalities from all walks of life about their mobile devices – what they love about them, how they use and personalize them – and, occasionally, how they break them.
Tiffany Haddish is a native Angeleno whose comedy has taken her all over the world, including performing for our troops on the USO tour. Locally, she’s performed at legendary comedy venues: the Laugh Factory, Comedy Store, Improv, and also participates in “Chuckles Not Knuckles” – a comedy show developed for inner-city high school students, promoting non-violence. As an actor, she has made guest appearances on several shows such as: Chelsea Lately, That's So Raven, My Name Is Earl, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, and HBO’s Def Comedy Jam. She has also starred in the movies, Meet the Spartans and Janky Promoters.
1. How did you get started in the business?
When I was in foster care, my social worker told me I had 2 choices: either Laugh Factory Comedy Camp or Psychiatric therapy. I chose to come to camp and here I am today.
2. What are you working on now?
Real Husbands of Hollywood on BET.
3. What has been your favorite gig so far?
Stand up comedy would be HBO’s Def Comedy Jam and as far as acting goes, Real Husbands of Hollywood on BET.
4. What role does your smartphone play in your on-set experience?
I play games on my phone or look at pictures of people on Facebook.
5. What’s the longest you’ve gone without using and/or checking your phone?
One week when I was in Japan – I found out how much the international fees were, no more phone.
6. What are your favorite apps?
Audible, Fantasy Town, Memory Game, and SmallTown.
7. How often do you update your status, tweet, etc.?
About every 2 to 3 days.
8. Do you have any mobile horror stories?
Yeah when I went to Japan, I was calling all kinds of people for 3 days. Then I found out that my phone bill was 400 dollars, so the rest of the week no more phone. That's a horror story for sure.
9. What platform are you on? iOS or Android?
10. When did you get your first smartphone?
11. What accessories do you use and what do you use them for?
I use headphones for driving and for playing my audio books.
12. What’s your ringtone?
Read more Mobile Lifestyle Series interviews:
Edwin Hodge, Actor
Mayte Garcia, Dancer, Singer, Actress and Choreographer
Paul Thompson, Professional Makeup Artist and Instructor
Donna Sozio, Author and Media Personality
Dakota Weiss, Executive Chef
Anndi McAfee, Voice Over Artist for The Soup on E!