Get Your Own Personal Guide with Google’s Field Tripper for Android
Do you like things that are off the beaten path? Ever used a NFT guide? If so, Google’s Field Trip may be the app you’ve been searching for. Field Trip helps you learn about everything from local history to the hottest places to shop, eat, and have fun.
It works like this: you select the local feeds you like, the app runs in the background on your phone, and when you get close to something interesting, it pops up a card with details about the location. With a headset or bluetooth connected, it can even read the info to you – making it a perfect car companion as well!
Here’s the breakdown:
• Discover thousands of interesting places/experiences that fall under the following categories: architecture, historic places & events, lifestyle, offers & deals, food, drinks & fun, movie locations, outdoor art and obscure places of interest around you.
• Expert publications Thrillist, Food Network, Zagat, and Eater point out the best places to eat and drink. Sunset, Cool Hunting, WeHeart, Inhabitat, and Remodelista will guide you to the latest unique stores and products. Songkick and Flavorpill give you the lowdown on the local music scene.
• Three different modes are available to set frequency of Field Trip notifications.
• Share where you’ve been via email and through social networks such as Google+, Twitter, and Facebook.
• Similar to Pandora, simply thumbs up or down to tune the information discovery engine.
The Field Trip app is for Android smartphones only at this time, but iOS is coming soon!