5 Must-Have Smartphone Apps that Save You Minutes and Texts
In staying true to our theme of making mobile truly mobile, we always want to share any tips we learn about smartphone usage – especially in making the most of your data. And as we all know well, overages can be painful! The following are some free apps (or pretty close to it) that can help you save those precious minutes and texts.
- WhatsApp This app offers cross-platform mobile messaging that allows you to exchange messages without having to pay for SMS. Price: $0.99
- Facebook Messenger With the new standalone Messenger app, messaging with friends is now faster than ever. Using the group message function is a great way to make plans and see exactly where you friends are – and don’t’ worry, you can also turn off the location finder as well. Price: Free
- HeyWire Texting and picture messaging to 45+ countries from a U.S. phone number, plus Twitter and Facebook Chat! Heyyyyy! Price: Free
- Google Mobile With this app, you can make calls and send texts from your Google Voice number. All voicemails are automatically transcribed to text and you can set up custom greetings for different callers. You can also make international calls directly from your phone. Price: app is free but additional charges for International calls.
- Skype Video calling, including group video calling, and the ability to call both mobile and landlines. 21st century, oh yeah. Price: ranges from free up to $4.99 per month
Did we miss your favorite talk/text app? Let us know in the comments!