PureGear Mobile Lifestyle Series: Dakota Weiss, Executive Chef
In our Mobile Lifestyle Series, we talk with extraordinary personalities from all walks of life about their mobile devices – what they love about them, how they use and personalize them – and, occasionally, how they break them.
Executive Chef Dakota Weiss is no stranger to the modern hectic mobile lifestyle, running the culinary show at the prestigious W Hotel in Westwood, including leading Nine Thirty and The Backyard restaurants and all the catering for the hotel. In her 15-year career, she has worked in renowned restaurants across the country including Coyote Café, the Ritz-Carlton Atlanta, Jer-ne Restaurant and Bar at the Ritz-Carlton in Marina Del Rey, Sunset Tower Hotel's Tower Bar, and Parc. Dakota also competed in Season 9 of Bravo TV’s, popular reality show Top Chef.
1. What’s the longest you’ve gone without using and/or checking your phone?
One hour at the most, and that is torture!
2. What are your favorite apps?
Mindless games or activities that allow me to “zone out” for a little while.
3. How often do you update your status, tweet, etc.?
Depending on the day…1 to 2 times. If I am at an event I’ll tweet a few times.
4. Do you have any mobile horror stories?
I have dropped my phone many times into vats of boiling chicken stock, once into a three gallon bucket of truffle vinaigrette.
5. What platform are you on? iOS or Android?
6. When did you get your first smartphone?
7. What accessories do you use and what do you use them for?
I don’t use too many accessories…however…it would behoove me to use a screen shield and I think using an armband would help in the kitchen when I am “multi-tasking”.
8. What’s your ringtone?
I change it pretty often…as of right now I am rocking some old swing music.
9. Have you ever lost your phone? What happened?
If I lost my phone I might go into a catatonic state…so far I have not.
10. Which PureGear products do you like best and why?
I love the Kickstand Case – the thin black case with the pop out kickstand.
Read more Mobile Lifestyle Series interviews: